CTFd, when configured in Team Mode, all participants will need to be a member of a team before being able to access the CTF challenges.
Teams first need to be created by a team captain. Once the team captain has created the team, they can share the team name and team password with their team members. The team members can then use the team credentials to join the team.
All teams have a set of properties.
- User Name - The teams's name identifier
- Email - The teams's email address (not currently used)
- Password - The team password for joining the team
- Website - A website, if any, that the team captain may set in the team's profile
- Affiliation - An affiliation, if any, that the team captain may set in the team's profile
- Country - A country, if any, that the team captain may set in the team's profile
Some properties can only be directly editted by an admin in the Admin Panel:
- Hidden - Hidden teams do not appear in the scoreboard and are not visible on any public interface. Their solves are not shown in solve counts, scores are not counted in statistics, and their profiles cannot be directly browsed to.
- Banned - Banned teams cannot access the site in any capacity. Instead of the actual page, they receive an error page stating that they were banned. Keep in mind that banning is an account level ban. It is not an IP address or hardware based ban.